How to use the site
- The site is organized by categories that invite users to explore downtown San Antonio in the following ways: Live, Work, Shop, Play, Eat, Look, and Stay. There is also a section for parking and transportation, which includes links to VIA, the River Taxi, and bicycle paths.
- Each section contains a Google map with listings and detailed information about the downtown resources. Users can access the Google map tools to get travel directions for using vehicles, walking or public transportation.
- There is an interactive parking lot map that can be viewed directly, or overlaid on the maps of each category. All parking lots have been manually verified and mapped to Google. When users go to any of the categories, they can turn “on” a parking switch to show parking near their destination of choice and then get directions using the Google interface.
- Downtowners are invited to submit "local faves": a favorite place to eat, shop, visit, etc., to be included on the site’s Local Fave section, which already features favorites from notable downtowners.
- Downtowners can now fan DTA and Centro on Facebook, and follow Centro on Twitter. Links to the organizations’ social media pages can be found on the home page.
- DTA and Centro invite all downtowners to view the site and send feedback via the online contact form.
How to use get the free Downtown App for smartphones
- Compose a text message. In the "To" field, type the number 45384
- In the message area, type DOWNTOWN
- Click Send
- You will receive an automated response with a link. Click on the link, and the "app" will open in the format best suited for your phone.
DTA and Centro are grateful for the San Antonio CVB for their support and generosity in sharing data listings. DTA and Centro would like to recognize Toolbox Studios, a local award-winning branding firm, for the strategy, design, and production of this site.